1. DESCRIPTION & CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE – The description of the premises is given and advance bookings are accepted by us in good faith on behalf of the property owner. No responsibility is taken for misinterpretation and no refund is given if you are not satisfied with your choice of accommodation.
We do not accept responsibility for circumstances such as, but not limited to: sale of property; increase in tariff; alteration of the property; malfunction of any inventory items; property withdrawn from letting; noise; inconvenience or loss of view caused by construction or maintenance work on neighbouring or nearby properties; independent actions or decisions of property owners.
2. TARIFFS – Tariffs are current at the time of writing and are subject to change without notice. Minimum stays may apply. In the event of a tariff discrepancy, we will contact you to arrange a refund or payment of the difference.
3. OCCUPANCY – The premises are let to the primary guest for holiday purposes only, for the period stipulated on the reservation confirmation and for the maximum number of persons agreed with the agent at the time of booking. The primary guest warrants that they are 21 years of age or over and acknowledges that they will be held responsible for the conduct of all guests. The primary guest will need to provide a credit card no. and driver’s licence no. on arrival for Guest Registration.
4. BOOKING CONDITIONS – PAYMENT WHEN BOOKING THROUGH RBR WEBSITE
Reservations made more than 30 days prior to arrival: A deposit of 50% of the total booking cost plus the $25.00 non-refundable booking fee and any applicable website booking fees is payable within three days of the pending reservation email date. The balance of the total amount payable must be paid 30 days prior to your arrival date.
Reservations made 30 days or less prior to arrival: The total booking cost plus the $25.00 non-refundable booking fee and any applicable website booking fees is payable within three days of the pending reservation email date.
PAYMENT WHEN BOOKING THROUGH 3RD PARTY PLATFORM
The total booking cost plus the $25.00 non-refundable booking fee and any applicable website booking fees is payable at the time of booking.
PAYMENT OPTIONS – Payment can be made by credit card or direct deposit. A credit card surcharge fee of 1.833% applies.
5. CANCELLATIONS / REDUCED STAY – If you advise us of a cancellation more than 30 days prior to your booked arrival date:
- the full amount paid, less an $100 administration fee and any 3rd party booking fees, will be refunded.
If you advise us of a cancellation 30 days or less prior to your booked arrival date:
- no monies will be refunded unless the property is re-let for the same dates at the same tariff;
- if the property is re-let, monies paid less a $100 administration fee and any 3rd party booking fees will be refunded.
If you advise us of a reduced stay more than 30 days prior to your booked arrival date:
- the total booking cost will be adjusted accordingly.
- if you advise us of a reduced stay 30 days or less prior to your booked arrival date:
you will be charged the full amount of the original booking, unless we are able to re-let the property for the same dates and at the same tariff, in which case the total booking cost will be adjusted accordingly.
Refunds cannot be made for bookings cancelled due to weather or illness. We strongly recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance.
No refund is given on the unused portion of a booking if guests vacate the premises prior to the departure date.
6. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE (unless prior arrangements are made)
Arrival: Check in from 2pm (3pm during school holidays) on arrival day.
Our office is located at Shop 4, 12 Rainbow Beach Road, and opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am-2.00pm. During school holidays, office hours will be extended.
You can complete registration details online or on collection of property keys from our office during these times. Please contact us if you are arriving outside office hours and we will make arrangements with you for access to the holiday property.
Departure: Please vacate by 10am (9am during school holidays) on departure day.
Check out times must be adhered to. Failure to vacate the property at the required time will incur a charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation. Please return the keys to our office immediately after vacating the premises. There is a key deposit box located outside the front of the office if required. Please do not leave keys at the property.
7. SECURITY BOND – A $500 – $1000 bond is required to be held on all bookings from day of arrival. The payment is acceptable by either credit card, (Master card or Visa card only) debit card or cash and will be held for up to 14 days. This bond includes any expenses incurred, but is not limited to: damages; extra cleaning charges or replacement of missing items that may occur during your stay. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, Rainbow Beach Realty cannot release, remove or lower the amount.
This is a restriction imposed by the card issuer, and cannot be negotiated.
Please contact your bank if your bond has not been released within the 14 days.
8. LINEN, PERSONAL & HOUSEHOLD ITEMS – All beds at the properties have pillows, pillow protectors, mattress protectors and blankets or doonas with a cover. Linen must be used on all beds or extra cleaning charges will be incurred. You can choose to bring your own pillowcases, sheets, bath towels, bath mats, hand towels and a spare tea towel or hire linen from our office and collect it at check in. Please supply your own personal and household items such as hair & body products, washing powder, dishwashing liquid, dishcloths, toilet paper etc.
9. PETS – Pet stays require prior approval from Rainbow Beach Realty and the property owner. The pet fee is $75.00 per animal. If a pet is found on a premise without approval, the guest may incur a charge of up to $250.00 for cleaning and pest control services.
We are unable to accept restricted breeds and it is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that pets are registered. The guest is to remove all faeces, hair, toys and rubbish associated with the pet and to fill in any holes in the yard made by the pet.
10. NON-SMOKING PROPERTIES – Smoking is not permitted inside any holiday property. Evidence of smoking will incur extra cleaning charges.
11. EVIDENCE OF OPEN FIRES – Fire pits or open fires are strictly prohibited on all properties. Any evidence of fires, ash or grass damage will be charged to the guest following departure. Costs charged will reflect invoices at the time of repair.
12. OVERCROWDING – The number of occupants must not exceed the number stated for the property. Overcrowding will result in immediate termination of your stay and no refunds will be paid. Additionally, if an excess number of guests have been using the property without the agents’ approval, a fee per guest per stay as deemed reasonable by the agent will become payable.
13. NEIGHBOURS – Please RESPECT your neighbours and keep noise levels to a minimum. Local council regulations state that no excess noise is to be made between 10pm – 7am.
14. FUNCTIONS/GATHERINGS – The properties we manage are for holiday accommodation purposes only. Functions or gatherings are permitted only with prior approval from the owner and agent. In all other cases, penalties and possible immediate eviction may occur.
15. LOST KEYS – It is the guest’s responsibility to keep the property keys safe. A callout fee of $50.00 applies if a guest requires a key from the agent after office hours. If keys are lost, the locks must be changed. In this case, the guest will be responsible for reimbursement of any associated costs incurred by the agent.
16. MAINTENANCE – All managed properties are privately owned and are rented out on a fully self-contained basis. There is no recourse for compensation from Rainbow Beach Realty or an owner in the case that appliances or inclusions require maintenance.
Please report any damages or maintenance issues promptly to Rainbow Beach Realty for attention. The guest agrees to allow the agent or their nominee access to the property to complete any repairs. If a tradesman is called out unnecessarily at the guest’s request, the cost of the callout will be at the guest’s expense.
If required, Rainbow Beach Realty reserves the right to move guests to alternate accommodation at its discretion or at the direct instruction of the property owner. Guests will be informed as soon as possible and every reasonable effort made to ensure satisfactory arrangements.
17. PHOTOGRAPHS & DESCRIPTIONS – Photographs are taken on site and property descriptions are written to provide an accurate representation of the property at the time of photographing and writing. Rainbow Beach Realty accepts no responsibility for personal interpretation of images or information, information provided by third parties, fair wear and tear, redecorating or independent actions or decisions of property owners regarding the property. It is advisable that specific requests are confirmed with our office at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
18. DAMAGE, LOSS OR THEFT OF GUEST/S PROPERTY – Owner insurance does not cover guests’ belongings. No responsibility is accepted by the agent or the owner for guests’ property left on the premises.
19. PROPERTIES FOR SALE – We cannot guarantee that a property listed for sale will remain available for holiday letting. Guests will be notified of changes in circumstances, allowing sufficient time to organise alternative accommodation. Guests agree to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at mutually convenient times by appointment.
20. HOUSEKEEPING & RUBBISH – We request that you respect the owner’s property and undertake basic cleaning and tidying of the premises immediately prior to departure. This includes, for example: removing excessive dirt, sand and grease; taking out the rubbish; emptying the fridge and freezer; putting dishes away.
Please ensure that all garbage is removed from the holiday property and placed in the appropriate wheelie bins provided. Collection days are Mondays all year, with an additional Friday service in the holiday seasons. PLEASE ENSURE ON YOUR DEPARTURE TO PLACE WHEELIE BINS ON THE CURB FOR COLLECTION.
The following housekeeping fees will be charged to the supplied credit card details for any property left in an unsatisfactory condition, including, but not limited to:
- unclean dishes in the cupboards: $35.00
- used items not cleaned and/or put away: $35.00
- excessive fridge and freezer cleaning: $25.00
- excessive cleaning such as grease/mud removal: $35.00
- excessive cleaning of grease/food from barbeque: $35.00
- removal of inside rubbish such as food scraps left in inside bins: $15.00
- excess rubbish removal from the property: $35.00
- relocating moved furniture: $50.00
- damage to property or inclusions: $at cost
- evidence of smoking: $150.00
- linen not used on beds: $50.00
- removal of pet faeces, bones, pet hair: $25.00
- evidence of fires, ash or grass damage: $50-$500
21. LEFT ITEMS – Rainbow Beach Realty will endeavour to recover and return items of value inadvertently left at a holiday property, however takes no responsibility in this regard. Recovery and return is at the guest’s expense and incurs a minimum charge of $15.00. Low value items will be held for a maximum of two weeks and then disposed of.
22. COMPLAINTS & DISPUTE RESOLUTION – Guests must report any issues immediately to Rainbow Beach Realty advising the primary guest’s name, the property address, the nature of the issue and appropriate contact details.
Complaints will be dealt with in the first instance by the property manager and referred to the principal if necessary. Upon agreement of a resolution and unless we hear otherwise from you in writing, we will deem that the complaint has been satisfactorily dealt with.
Requests for refunds or discounts relating to any complaint will not be considered if the issue has not been advised to us during your stay.
23. BREACH OF CONDITIONS – Rainbow Beach Realty may inspect the property with reasonable notice and at any time without notice if there is any belief that there has been a breach of these conditions herein.
Breach of any of the conditions may result in the immediate termination of your stay. Any costs associated with any repair or loss of income resulting from a guest’s or visitor’s actions, negligence or misconduct, will be recovered from the primary guest.
24. DISCLAIMER – Rainbow Beach Realty makes every reasonable effort to maintain the currency and accuracy of content regarding the advertised property. We accept no responsibility and provide no guarantees for information obtained from any third party, including property owners.
Rainbow Beach Realty and its representatives make no warranty either express or implied, including but not limited to: the warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or compatibility; nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed in any advertising or related materials. Rainbow Beach Realty and its representatives specifically disclaim any other warranties, guarantees and promises, whether or not stated in full in this document.
Rainbow Beach Realty reserves the right to alter these Holiday Accommodation Terms and Conditions of Occupancy at any time without notice.